Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Maps - Chart and picture misaligned. People living in the sea?

Hi,

I've followed the tutorial given below, which gets google maps up and running using a chart, over a text box

http://community.qlik.com/media/p/61758.aspx

This works - but when i plot the locations of the postcode data I have, i end up with people living in the sea?! The latitude and longitude data that I have was downloaded from here http://www.freemaptools.com/download-uk-postcode-lat-lng.htm

And i assume it is correct, i've don ethis two or three times just to make sure i'm not making a mistake, but get the same problem. Has anyone else come accross this, is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks - Matt

error loading image

6 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I played a bit with the application that's supplied as one of the Samples within the QlikView installation, and it worked fine... The key is to take care of the static Axis settings, in combination with the variables that calculate zoom factor etc... Based on your picture, it looks like your Chart is plotting the dots on a slightly wider scale than the map is built for... Perhaps you changed one of the Chart settings that caused the misalignment?

Not applicable
Author

i thought that too. but ive followed the instructions again and again and get the same result. Unless one of the settings in the example is wrong .The only thing that isnt standard is the long and lat coordinates which i have downloaded from elsewhere.. Do you get a perfect map of the UK using postcode districts? Thank for your help Oleg

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I haven't used it for a while, can't tell at this point... Try using the QlikView Sample application instead. You can also post your QVW example here and let the experts take a look at it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I created an app with the coordinate you get. It seems to work ie the coordinates fit the map.

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same issue, and I have no idea how to fix it.

The red data points should completely cover the US, but as you can see the data is plotting to a slightly smaller size that the Google map.

new.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marc,

Did you find a solution to this?