Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Maps not showing in V9 or v10

Hi folks,

I've been trying to use the Google maps functionality and am taking the v9 example google maps in QlikView.qvw as a template. I can't get the actual maps to show, although the scatter chart is showing the values correctly.

I've seen a few posts on this matter but have tried all these fixes and nothing is working.

Please can you take a look at the attached and let me know if you have any possible fixes.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

8 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

Please see the attched .it working properly

or if i am not understand perfectly then let me understand

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Your qvw is setup correctly so I would recommend checking your domain settings and ensuring QV has access through it so it can grab the image from google.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, the map shows up just fine and zooms as expected. Do you have some proxy configuration in your computer or browser that may be interfering the download/show of the JPG file from the Internet? Or any other "unsafe site" setting or filter of any kind.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for your replies. You're right, I think it's due to proxy settings on our LAN. When running on a laptop not connected via our Company LAN it works fine.

Kind Regards,

Pete

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Unfortunately, there is no other way to get that working that allowing all incoming traffic from "maps.google.com" in that proxy/firewall.

Glad to help.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Is there a way to enable proxy or its IP on this the QlikView app? As we are using Proxy in our office

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As I mentioned above, it's a matter of your network and operating system, proxies as a general rule affect all the software in the computer (ports/services). You cannot bypass the proxy from a QlikView application if that's what you mean, I'd rather get the address allowed in your proxy software.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

Actually I was calculating the longitute and lattitude

[http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=$(a)&output=xml&oe=utf8&sensor=false&key=XXYYZZ]

but it seems the links have been changes can you please update me on the same how i shud achieve this?