Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greater than Duration Filter

Hi

I have a lot of data where the event is avtive for a duration of time, I would like to create a function where i can look at the data "raw" and then select events where duration is greater than 30 seconds, 1 minute etc.

The column total downtime is the sum of duration, i would like to be able to show this sum for events where i have chosen the greater than 30 seconds etc.

Relativley new so not too experienced with detailed script.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change the expressions to filter out the items you don't want: sum({<Text={"=sum([down time])>30/86400"}>} [down time]). You could use a variable in an input box (or a slider object) to enter a number of seconds and use the variable instead of the fixed number 30: {<Text={"=sum([down time])>$(vMyVariable)/86400"}>}. Note: you'd need to add the {...} part to every expression in your straight table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change the expressions to filter out the items you don't want: sum({<Text={"=sum([down time])>30/86400"}>} [down time]). You could use a variable in an input box (or a slider object) to enter a number of seconds and use the variable instead of the fixed number 30: {<Text={"=sum([down time])>$(vMyVariable)/86400"}>}. Note: you'd need to add the {...} part to every expression in your straight table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcus_sommer

Another way could be to create a listbox with an expression like:

=class(aggr(sum([down time]), Text), $(vMyVariable))

and using the variable quite similar to Gysbert's suggestion.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

The first solution works fine, i tried the variable idea but could not see where i should set this, however this will only be adjusted by me so the fixed intervall will be fine.

Thanks

Des