Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Grouped Expressions

Dear Community,

I have the following issue:

I created two similar bar diagrams and for each of them I have 2 expressions in one group.

So for example:

Bar Diagram 1 shows either the [Revenue] or the [Cost] for a group of entities [Group A]

Bar Diagram 2 shows either the [Revenue] or the [Cost] for a group of entities [Group B]

How is it possible to link the two groups, so if the expression [Revenue] in Bar Diagram 1 is selected the Bar Diagram 2 switches automatically also to [Revenue]...?

Thank you very much!

5 Replies
richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could use the Trellis option in the Dimensions tab. The chart would remain as one but each group will have its own area.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Richard,

could you provide me with more details what you mean by "Trellis option"?

Thanks

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the chart properties in the dimension tab there a button to the bottom left marked "Trellis..."

Click that and then check the enable option. This will replicate the chart across the first dimension, which in your example were two A & B.

I've attached an example

Not applicable
Author

Maybe instead of groupped expression you could use every expression displayed conditionally and linked to a separate field e.g. Select (with values: Cost, Revenue only).

Example attached. hope that helps.

J.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you! This was very helpful!