Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Grouping data in Qlikview

As my first question was answered so quickly be the community, I thought I might just try it again

I have data that comes from SAP and I use a report to extract the data (so far I work with the personal edition of Qlikview and we do not have any API for SAP in our company).

I currently pre-group the information I load into Qlikview in Excel, simply because I do not know how to group data in Qlikview.

I created various groupings.

ValueClassification (based on the value of an quotation)

value     <10k €

value     <30k €

value     <100k €

value     <1m €

value     >1m €

ItemAmountClassification (how many items contains a quotation)

<5 items

<20 items

<50 items

<100 items

>100 items

etc.

I created these classifications in Excel with IF, THEN commands. I know that the same is existing in QV, but I neither know the syntax, nor do I know how to create a new field in my data with that new information so that I can use it as list box or as dimension for a chart, etc. I assume I need to execute the command for the grouping in the script (CTRL+E)?

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial or explanation for the topic of creating classifications resp. sub-groups in a data set?

Thank in advance you for your time and feedback!

Best regards,

Bastian

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gerald

Try:

LOAD *,
if(wildmatch([Motor Desc],'*HILUX*'),'Bakkie',
if(wildmatch([Motor Desc],'*TOYOTA*'),'Toyota',
if(wildmatch([Motor Desc],'*VOLGSWAGEN*','*MERCEDES-BENZ*','*IVECO*'),'Long Distance',
if(wildmatch([Motor Desc],'*NISSAN*'),'Nissan','Chinese/Other')))) as Grouping;

Please create new thread for new questions.

It will  help others in community

Regards

Neetha

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. It works.

Yes, wil do create new threats.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great,It's a Pleasure to help