Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Grouping different variables into one group in a list box object

Hello there,

I was examining different qlikview examples on the start page. while doing so, I saw an example for grouping different variables into one group and using it in a list box object. the QVW example file is called "What's new in Qlikview11", under "Reports" sheet.

From what I have mannaged to study, I realized that the grouped variables were painted (by the software i assume) pink as to differ them from the others (see next image below). The group name is _dimensions as appears in the Field section and is applicable for choise among other variables(appears in blue at the bottom of the list)..

dimensions.JPG

The question is how do i create such group so that i can create a list box containing different variables and looks like the following example:

pick dimensions.JPG

Would be happy to hear for an advice!

Thanks in advance!

Evya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The pink fields arent group variables but fields identified as dimension which can be done at document properties table.

I am not sure what you meant by grouped variables. In this particular example its done with an Inline load at script level. It impllies a that the values of _dimension are in QlikView's datamodel.

Kiran Rokkam.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Evya,

Go to Setting -> Document Properties ->Groups.

Rest would be self explanatory.

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Kiran,

Thanks for your answer, but i don't think this is the right way since i have tried it prior to sending my question. The path u stated creates only "Drill-down" or "Cyclic" groups(radio button), which to my needs defeats the purpose.

Do you perhaps know any other way?

Not applicable
Author

The pink fields arent group variables but fields identified as dimension which can be done at document properties table.

I am not sure what you meant by grouped variables. In this particular example its done with an Inline load at script level. It impllies a that the values of _dimension are in QlikView's datamodel.

Kiran Rokkam.

Not applicable
Author

Hi again and thanks Kiram!

Your last answer was the one i reffered to.

Sorry i wasnt clear enough before - thought the pics were to make my query clearer..

After applying your last advice, I mannaged to creat a new type of script (TAG FIELDS), a one I wasnt familiar with (that is until now!) and it worked.

thanks again!

Evya

Not applicable
Author

Could you provide more detail on what you did or share an example qvw? Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shanfeld.

attached is an example I made for that matter.

as you can see, the special thing about the "choose a parameter" list box is that you can decide which parameter you would want to show in the dynamic table shown,

this could be very helpful in cases where you don't want a table\chart to show all the fields that are connected to the selection made, but only the ones you are interested in showing.

you can explore the relevant syntax in the dynamic table and the script.

hope this would be helpful..

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for that example! That go me "over the hump". Very helpful! Best.