Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Handle Qvd load with new fields

Dear experts,

I have list of QVDs being loaded everyday ,It works fine so far. Now I have a situation where I have to add new fields in the source files and subsequently QVDs needs to changed by adding new fields ,

Issue  : New fields will be available only in the new qvds ( not in the old qvds).

If I change my script to add new fields it works fine for new QVDs but failed for old once as old Qvds missing new fields ( which is fine).

I handled this previously by checking the date ( IF ELSE...) , which means whenever I have new field added in the source file or in the Qvds , I have to add new condition in the ELSE part. I don't want to do that.

Is there any better way to handle this scenario. I am looking for a dynamic solution where I don't have to change the script when I have new field added apart from the fact that I have to include the new fields in the script .

Thanks for your help/input in advance.

Cheers,

Bob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Folks ,

I managed to make it work 🙂

Here is the solution

For each File in FileList('C:\*.qvd')

i=i+1;

if i=1 then
Data:
LOAD * FROM [$(File)] (qvd);
ELSE
Concatenate
Data:
Endif

next File

I use counter "I" to execute first load statement without concatenate as i have another table being loaded just before this load.

Thanks ,

SS

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi Folks ,

I managed to make it work 🙂

Here is the solution

For each File in FileList('C:\*.qvd')

i=i+1;

if i=1 then
Data:
ELSE
Concatenate
Data:
Endif

next File

I use counter "I" to execute first load statement without concatenate as i have another table being loaded just before this load.

Thanks ,

SS