Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Has anyone been able to export multiple objects to Excel in AJAX?

I am trying to get a button working that uses the ServerSideExportEx() function to export multiple objects to an Excel file. I am using the Append parameter, but it is not working. it overwrites the file every time. The whole reason I am doing the export with two objects is because QlikView does not export titles with the charts, so I am having to modify what is being exported, which means exporting a text box in addition to the chart itself. Our customers that will be using the UI have been instructed to use Chrome as the preferred browser on the AccessPoint, so there are limitations as to how we can accomplish the export. The IE Plugin only works with IE, so any export capability that requires it is not available.

This is what I am using currently to do the export:

Sub ExcelMacro

set tb1 = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH167")

set tb2 = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CS01")

strTitle = replace(tb1.GetCaption.Name.v," ","_")

strPath  = "\\127.0.0.1\C$\QV-EXPORT\" & ActiveDocument.Variables("vUserID").GetContent.String & strTitle & ".xls"

tb2.ServerSideExportEx strPath, ";" ,5,65001

tb1.ServerSideExportEx strPath, ";" ,5,65001,1

End Sub

Has anyone been able to export multiple objects to an Excel file by use of a macro attached to a button? Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

0 Replies