Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Have a dimension displayed in a different way?

`Hi,

I have a diagram with HR data that can display very different data:

- About half of it is data that I can only display on a specific "cutoff day", so the dimension for that is the end of a month

- The other half is dynamic data, so the dimension for that is the month

The problem now is that the month in QlikView has three letters => the date of the last_day_of_a_month is spelt out and has ten - the dimension_points are diagonal

=> The dimension "last_day_of_month" takes up a lot more space than the dimension "month"

=> When switching the dimension, the diagram seems to "hop"

I would like to change that to get a more "quiet" look into my diagram. I would thus need to have that dimension "last_date_of_month" displayed as a three-letter-monthname like the other one.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

14 Replies
abeyphilip
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Friedrich,

Wouldn't this help. Keep your dimension as

=Month(Monatsende)

And then to consider only last day, include this in the expression:

{1<Day_Field={$(=monthend(Monatsende))} >}

Haven't tested though.

Regards,

Abey

Not applicable

Hi

In your script, why no create an additional field called Month_LD and have this derive off the last day of the month as MMM. So;

Month(last_day_of_month) as Month_LD

Depending upon your models design, there may be benefits of calling the field Month if you are concatenating this data with the other 'Month' data.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Not applicable

Date(last_day_of_a_month, 'MMM')  maybe

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like attached sample?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi all,

somehow this is solved - or rather, the problem has disappeared: I have deactivated the dimension "last_day_of_month" so that the dimension "month" is used for both kinds of data - and it works. When I first started this discussion, it didn't and I don't know what exactly I changed in the meantime, but it works.

Thank you all!

Best regards,

DataNibbler