Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Having issues using trigger to set a default value for a list object.

I know there are a bunch of related posts, some using macros, and some using triggers. All I'm trying to do is set the value of a "product" list to a default value (first, last, min...anything), upon opening a specific sheet. I can't hardcode this value and use the 'Always one selected value" attribute as the product names are different at each customer.

Any suggestions? Seems like I should be able to set a trigger on the activate sheet action using the specific action "select in field". Maybe my syntax is wrong but I chose a field to use in the field and tried a bunch of different variations in the search string attribute.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

4 Replies
llauses243
Creator III
Creator III

Interesting case ...

This case can naming AI (artificial intelligent) in BI

If selec a client, can be ...

. in first time, QV must display list options (first, last, min, ...) for Product ... when user select QV must store via macro cliente/product/user in .csv for reload any each

. if no first time, QV must display Product previuos selected more in bottom list options ... this to resolve with other macro

Dan with this schema is suficient for you ?

Luis

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dan,

if you don't really care what value to select, how about this as a search string:

$(=FirstSortedValue(myField))

(the syntax is not 100% validated, this is just an idea to play with...)

Not applicable
Author

I can't get this to work in the "search string" property of the "Select in Field" action. Any further suggestions or any other actions I would need to do in order for the "Select in Field" action to work? I assume the moment you open the sheet since it's an action on the Sheet Event trigger "Add Actions" that this would fire automatically.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure I follow completely. I'm just trying to have a "default" value selected for a particular listbox in a sheet without having to hardcode or write a macro. Seems like I should be able to do this with a trigger in combination with max, first, last type functionality withing the field in this listbox.