Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Having trouble with good heatmaps with Google Maps

So I've got a map with cities in Texas and our customer counts (among other things) and I'm having a really tough time making a meaningful heatmap.  What I end up with is a few cities (Dallas, and Houston mainly) with a huge %, and then hundreds of other cities with very, very small percentages so all the colors end up looking the same.  I don't expect it to be amazing or anything when I have no selections, but if I select just the Dallas metroplex I end up with two cities that are the darkest color and the rest that are the lightest color.... not a "full spectrum of colors"(I'm using colormix1 or 2, can't remember which).

Imagine you have the following percentages:

a- 60%

b - 5%

c - 5%

d- 3%

e 9%

etc.

etc.

a is going to end up looking different than the rest, but all of the others are really going to end up looking the exact same... anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?  I feel like there's a smart math thing I can do here... but I don't know what it is.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You could use logarithms or roots.  A cubed root of your numbers, for instance, varies from about 0.31 to 0.84.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You could use logarithms or roots.  A cubed root of your numbers, for instance, varies from about 0.31 to 0.84.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks it definitely looks a lot better now.