Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II

Hello...it Seems, i am learing fast!!

Little more help is required. I have Oracle Database to which i could connect and generate reports too. What i need is , i have sales table in which sales data is stored,I want to have Sales to Top 5 Customers only, It's showing sales to all customers which disturbs the graph that i have generated, what i want is only top 5 Customers and Total for Entire month in the graph. Pls. help with steps.  The query to extract data from oracel is as under.

select

PARTYNAMe as partyname,
to_char(EXCISEINVDATE,'MON-YY') as month, sum(INVQUANTITY), sum (( grossamount/100000)) as grossamt
from  sales WHERE EXCISEINVDATE >= to_date('01/APR/2013', 'DD/MON/YYYY')
group by partyname , to_char(exciseinvdate,'MON-YY') order by grossamt desc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you are using qv11, you can use 'dimension limits' , else can use rank(). If any doubt, please post your sample app.

And yes, one suggestion - please try to give a reasonable caption while posting a query here, that would help both you and others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you are using qv11, you can use 'dimension limits' , else can use rank(). If any doubt, please post your sample app.

And yes, one suggestion - please try to give a reasonable caption while posting a query here, that would help both you and others.

rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks,its working now. And yes, your suggestion is taken into considaration n will be followed here after