Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Help Text available in bar chart without caption

Dear Qlikview user

I would like to know if there is a simple way to show the Help Text hover over for a bar chart without having the caption turned on, nor creating extra objects?

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Helen,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to show the help text of a bar chart without displaying it's caption. However, strictly spoken, there is a solution to your question.

SPOILER ALERT: horrible idea ahead

There is this:

• Add an expression to your bar chart with your help text in the definition.
  • For "Display options", choose "Text as Pop-up"

sales with help text 2.png

If users hover over one of the bars (so not the object) it will show the help text, along with any other pop-up information.

sales with help text.png

I think it looks terrible, and would not gererally recommend it, however there might be circumstances in which it can be of help.

Please find the qvd i used attached.

With kind regards,

Ronald

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't think whether we can achieve with out Help Search in Caption Tab and then Objects. Could be possible only these options.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Helen,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to show the help text of a bar chart without displaying it's caption. However, strictly spoken, there is a solution to your question.

SPOILER ALERT: horrible idea ahead

There is this:

• Add an expression to your bar chart with your help text in the definition.
  • For "Display options", choose "Text as Pop-up"

sales with help text 2.png

If users hover over one of the bars (so not the object) it will show the help text, along with any other pop-up information.

sales with help text.png

I think it looks terrible, and would not gererally recommend it, however there might be circumstances in which it can be of help.

Please find the qvd i used attached.

With kind regards,

Ronald

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Ronald

Thank you for your suggestion as in this particular instance this technique could work for me as I always just displaying one single bar, therefore it actually suits my bar chart

Thank you for the suggestion

RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I guess that would be an appropriate use case, indeed.