Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Help required in getting the Contribution column based on RANK

Hi,

We have created the straight table as mentioned in the excel(till Sales column). Now we are stuck while creating the "Contribution" column(The formula is as mentioned in the excel). The expression of "Sales" is as mentioned in the txt file. Could you please help create the "Contribution" column?

I have put the comments in the txt file to understand the expression better. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Have you tried looking at this link? Offers a great way to reduce the sample size and scramble any confidential data, while keeping the data model intact

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hello,

Can you please explain me what do you want in Contribution form. Column  ..!

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Same thing what i have mentioned in the excel sheet formula in the Contribution column.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

So, you want to know show same output in QlikView as well...

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes i need the same output in qlikview

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any update from any one on this?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

No,

I need to ask one question. Is that data getting from Server (I mean SQL Server / DB).

If excel only, Then you can fetch same data.

That is the one i got.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Excel which I have provided is just the sample data so that somebody understand my issue and give some solution. I need to replicate the same thing in QV. I have also attached the sample of Sales expression in the txt file. Hope it is understandable now if not please let me know.

sunny_talwar

qlikviewforum‌ we might be able to offer better help if you can provide us the raw data and expected results. Providing bits and pieces for a complicated problem such as yours doesn't really help much.

Check the below links and see if you can provide a sample qvw or at least raw data with the expected output

QlikCommunity Tip: How to get answers to your post?

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Uploading a Sample

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum(Sales)/Sum(TOTAL <City> Sales)

Kind Regards