Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Help required to show Rank.

In the below straight table we show top 10 ranks. Now I want to remove the Rank expression but the issue is in the Sales column it is showing all the values since Rank is removed. Is there is any way to show the top 10 Sales without Rank column? Please help!

Country State City Rank Sales

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe just hide the rank column on presentation tab of your straight table properties.

You should be able to also create a set expression that filters your data, but without knowing anything about your data (model), chart context etc., I would go for the hidden column.

View solution in original post

31 Replies
marcus_sommer

Have you tried the options within the object properties in tab restrictions?

- Marcus

sunny_talwar

I don't see any screenshot or sample attached? Would you be able to attach a sample with expected output?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Look at "Dimension Limit" tab under "Limits" and this should help you...

Anonymous
Not applicable

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Top 10 rank is dynamic here. It can be anything. It can be 11,12 and 13 also. So I cant set it in the properties. Hope you understood my issue.

marcus_sommer

The top number could be an expression or a variable and therefore could be dynamic.

- Marcus

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe just hide the rank column on presentation tab of your straight table properties.

You should be able to also create a set expression that filters your data, but without knowing anything about your data (model), chart context etc., I would go for the hidden column.

Anonymous
Not applicable

rank(sum({1}sales))

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you all.

How to sort it in ascending order when we added additional metrics to the straight table and rank that as well.

Let say they want to add a metrics called Sum(Margin) and rank that as well in the same straight table. How both of this metrics will be sorted in the straight table. I know date may be different for Sales and Margin. So when the Dates are different then obviously it will be null in any one of the columns but I would like to know how can I sort it in ascending order. Please help

Country State City Date Rank Sales Margin