cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Average in Reference line

Hello Guys,

I'm was wondering if someone could help me with an AVG in a reference line

I have a chart that uses this calculation to give me a percent for 12 months.. I want to show a reference line that shows the average from all the months.

=num (count (DISTINCT{$<soccer={"ball"}>}Incident_ID)
/
count (DISTINCT Incident_ID))

Hope I explained this right.

thanks,

Fred

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want to calculate the share in the context of all possible records, you can use the same expression as for the dimensional split:

=num (count (DISTINCT{$<soccer={"ball"}>}Incident_ID) / count (DISTINCT Incident_ID))

But it seems you want the average of the monthly shares, something like

=Avg( Aggr( count (DISTINCT{$<soccer={"ball"}>}Incident_ID) / count (DISTINCT Incident_ID), YourMonthField))

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I been trying this, but it doesn't work??

avg(aggr(count(DISTINCT{$<soccer={"ball"}>}Incident_ID) / count (DISTINCT Incident_ID)))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want to calculate the share in the context of all possible records, you can use the same expression as for the dimensional split:

=num (count (DISTINCT{$<soccer={"ball"}>}Incident_ID) / count (DISTINCT Incident_ID))

But it seems you want the average of the monthly shares, something like

=Avg( Aggr( count (DISTINCT{$<soccer={"ball"}>}Incident_ID) / count (DISTINCT Incident_ID), YourMonthField))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You are missing dimension(s) for your advanced aggregation, the aggr() function. Something like the YourMonthField I used in my example (which you need to replace with your field from your data model.

Not applicable
Author

That works, thank you.

any chance you know how to make that into a percent in a text box?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Both formulas should return the value also in a text box. Have you tried this?

You can enclose the formulas in a num() function to format as percentage:

=Num( Avg( Aggr( count (DISTINCT{$<soccer={"ball"}>}Incident_ID) / count (DISTINCT Incident_ID), YourMonthField)), '#0.00%','.',',')

Not applicable
Author

perfect, thank you so much