Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Hierarchy ?

Hi,

Can anyone please help me in creating tree structure  hierarchy for the below sample data i?

Test:

load * inline [

Highlevel, Parent 6, Parent 5, Parent 4, Parent 3,Parent 2,Parent 1, id

17,,,14,13,12,11,10];

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi again Robert

I tried using your qvw to demonstrate the example, but eventually, I had to modify your table to create something that would make more sense to me, as I wasn't sure about the meaning of your data.

Anyway, I loaded the data, transformed it into a cross table and used the hierarchy function to create a treeview.

I hope this helps

Agis

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert

In order to create a tree structure, your data needs to be in an adjacent node format.

Example:

Table with three columns:

NodeID, ParendID, NodeName

In order to achieve something like this from your current data, you need to load it as a crosstable so as to create this adjacent load table.

Then you can use the hierarchy function to create the tree structure and even a tree list box.

I hope this helps

Regards

Agis

Not applicable
Author

HI,

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you said, but unable to get the expected results .

Can you please use my attached qvw to demonstrate it.

Thanks

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi again Robert

I tried using your qvw to demonstrate the example, but eventually, I had to modify your table to create something that would make more sense to me, as I wasn't sure about the meaning of your data.

Anyway, I loaded the data, transformed it into a cross table and used the hierarchy function to create a treeview.

I hope this helps

Agis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Agis,

Thanks for the solution.

Can we apply the same logic for the data in attached qvw?

I am trying to have a tree like Hierarchy list box for the given data.

Thank you