Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Set Analysis

Hello I have a table "Sales' that I am filtering using 'Set Analysis' and I would like to add another column that shows me the Total % per line. I know how to do this with when using simple operations and no restrictions on the data but I don't know how to get there when restricting the results. For example on my table "how to Replicate this' I have 2 columns: Sales and %, where sales =Sum(QTY) and %=Sum(QTY)/Sum(TOTAL<Year>QTY). Because my 'Sales' table has restrictions on the data I am unable to show the %; I tried using the Column Label but I couldn't get it to work: $(='[Sales])/Sum(TOTAL<Year>$(='[Sales])). Can anybody help please?

I am attaching a sample qvw file.

Thank you,

Hugo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Is this what you are looking for ?

i wasn't sure what you wanted to do with the Code field... it has a set modifier which prevents seeing Code=1.

I removed it for the example on the top left and incldued it on the right

hopefully one of them is what you are looking for.

ps:  just use TOTAL in the denominator and not in the top.

Capture.PNG.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

See attached your example edited

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Is this what you are looking for ?

i wasn't sure what you wanted to do with the Code field... it has a set modifier which prevents seeing Code=1.

I removed it for the example on the top left and incldued it on the right

hopefully one of them is what you are looking for.

ps:  just use TOTAL in the denominator and not in the top.

Capture.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Piet and Jonathan for your help, both answers are very helpful but it was Jonathan's answer the one that gave me the 100% correct answer, because in the case when filtering out records, the % must reflect this on the results and by placing the entire expression after the TOTAL, the result is adjusted accordingly.

I really appreciate your help, I tried different ways for about 20 hours and I couldn't get it to work.