Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with a set analysis statement that allows me to identify a max value and then pull data related to that value

History table (records related to a claim): 

HistoryID | ClaimID | EventDate | Segment | ClaimOpen 

----------+---------+------------+---------+---------- 

1 | 1 | 2016-01-01 | Level 3 | Y 

2 | 1 | 2016-01-02 | Level 3 | Y 

3 | 1 | 2016-01-03 | Level 1 | Y 

4 | 1 | 2016-02-15 | Level 1 | N 

5 | 2 | 2016-01-01 | Level 0 | Y 

6 | 2 | 2016-01-01 | Level 1 | Y 

7 | 2 | 2016-01-02 | Level 3 | Y 

Claim table: 

ClaimID | Adjuster 

--------+------------ 

1 | Smith, Joe 

2 | Jane, Mary 

The script will set an event date range, where  

let vEndDate = "2016-01-31"; 

I need to be able to count all ClaimIDs where the Max EventDate in the History table, relative to the date  

range (vEndDate), is on a row where the Segment = Level 2, Level 3 or Level 4 and a ClaimOpen value = Y.  

Since I may have duplicate EventDates, I need to interrogate the HistoryID, since the largest HistoryID value  

corresponds to the most recent EventDate, per ClaimID. Once I have identified that HistoryID, I then only  

want to include/count the rows that meet the above 2 

conditions.  

This is the expression I built: 

Count({ 

<EventDate={"<=$(=vEndDate)"} 

,Segment={'Level 2','Level 3','Level 4'} 

,HistoryID={"=aggr(max(HistoryID), ClaimID)"} 

,ClaimOpen={"Y"} 

> 

} distinct ClaimID) 

For this example, I need the expression to identify rows 3 and 7 as the rows with the max history for  

their respective claim IDs, but only count row 7 since that is the only max row that meets the Segment and ClaimOpen conditions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I think I have solved part of the problem - I have figured out how to bring back the max historyID per claimID using FirstSortedValue.  Even if the historyID's share the same date it is bringing back the max HistoryID value.  Here is the syntax and it is working:

=Max(aggr(firstsortedvalue (HistoryID, -EventDate), ClaimID))

So now what I have to do is, for the max HistoryID value, count it if the HistorySegment and HistoryClaimOpen values meet my parameters.  I am trying to use a set analysis expression to set the HistoryID to the max, but Qlik doesn't like it.  Can I do this?  And if so, how should it be wrttien?

Count ({
<
HistoryID={Max(aggr(firstsortedvalue (HistoryID, -EventDate), ClaimNumber))}
,HistorySegment={'Level 2', 'Level 3',
"Level 4'}
,HistoryClaimOpen = {'Y'}>
}distinct ClaimID)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I think I have solved part of the problem - I have figured out how to bring back the max historyID per claimID using FirstSortedValue.  Even if the historyID's share the same date it is bringing back the max HistoryID value.  Here is the syntax and it is working:

=Max(aggr(firstsortedvalue (HistoryID, -EventDate), ClaimID))

So now what I have to do is, for the max HistoryID value, count it if the HistorySegment and HistoryClaimOpen values meet my parameters.  I am trying to use a set analysis expression to set the HistoryID to the max, but Qlik doesn't like it.  Can I do this?  And if so, how should it be wrttien?

Count ({
<
HistoryID={Max(aggr(firstsortedvalue (HistoryID, -EventDate), ClaimNumber))}
,HistorySegment={'Level 2', 'Level 3',
"Level 4'}
,HistoryClaimOpen = {'Y'}>
}distinct ClaimID)