Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with calculation...

Hello all,

I have a table like this:

TransID, Date, TransType, Cash, Pending, Bal

01234, 20090101, Deposit, 1234, -,3234

01235,20090115, Withdrawal, -,34, 3200

01236, 20090129, Deposit, 12, -, 3212

I would like to sum up all deposits and all withdrawals per period (year, month etc), that is, sum(cash where transtype = deposit) and sum(pending where transtype=withdrawal) and use the Bal-value from the last transaction.

So my calculation would be something like vCal= sum(cash where transtype = 'deposit')-sum(pending where transtype='withdrawal')- Bal where max(transID)

In my example above that would be vCal=1246-34-3212 = -2000

How can I 'fetch' the value of Bal on the last transaction for the chosen period?

Observe that Im a beginner... 😄

Br

Cristian

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If your chosen period is selected, then you can use something like:

Sum({<TransID = {$(=Max(TransID))}>} Bal)

Since only one record will have the Max TransID value, that sum will give you that balance.

Your whole expression would be:

Sum({<TransType = {'Deposit'}>} Cash) -
Sum({<TransType = {'Withdrawl'}>} Cash) -

Not applicable
Author

You can try this.

Sum({<TransType = {'Deposit'}>} Cash) -
Sum({<TransType = {'Withdrawal'}>} Pending) -

This return de last TransID.

You can see the reference Manual Set Analisys.

Regrads.

Tonial.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you! This works! But, I forgot that I also would like do this calculation per AccountID. My table also have an AccountID field like this:

TransID, AccountID, Date, TransType, Cash, Pending, Bal

01234,123, 20090101, Deposit, 1234, -,3234

01235,123,20090115, Withdrawal, -,34, 3200

01236, 123,20090129, Deposit, 12, -, 3212

Would it be a different calculation? Still I will choose a period but the calculation should ne 'grouped' by accountId.

Br

Cristian

Not applicable
Author

Try with this:

Sum({<TransType = {'Deposit'}>} TOTAL <AccountID> Cash) -
Sum({<TransType = {'Withdrawal'}>} TOTAL <AccountID> Pending) -
Sum({<TransID = {$(=Max(TransID))}>} TOTAL <AccountID> Bal)

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I still have a problem.

The solutions suggested above didnt work (well they do but not as I want).

The 'Calculation' in the table below is exactly as the solution suggested by Mr Reaño. If I dont chose a date my calculation doesnt sum up as I want. I would like it to show, per each row (period) in the table," Calculation=Deposit-Withdrawal-Bal" where deposit= sum of deposits in the period, withdrawal=sum of withdrawals in the period, bal= value of field 'Bal' when max(transID) for the period. The current solution works only when a date is chosen and a single AccountID is present in that period. I would like it to work even if I dont choose an AccountID. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Br

Cristian

Not applicable
Author

Look this,
Sum({<TransType = {'Deposit'}>} TOTAL <YearMonth, AccountID> Cash) -
Sum({<TransType = {'Withdrawal'}>} TOTAL <YearMonth, AccountID> Pending) -
Sum({<TransID = {$(=Max(TransID))}>} TOTAL <YearMonth, AccountID> Bal)
Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I'm frustrated. It doesnt work. Is it my crosstable that is not working properly? If I choose AccountID and Year Month the calculation works fine.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, so for each accountID and Year Month it works fine. But, if I want to see the calculation only for a Month the calculation should sum all deposits, all withdrawals and each Sum({<TransID = {$(=Max(TransID))}>} BalCash) for every AccountID. Right now the calculation sums up all deposits, all withdrawals and takes only the last Sum({<TransID = {$(=Max(TransID))}>} BalCash) for the month.

How can I change Sum({<TransID = {$(=Max(TransIDr))}>} BalCash) to consider every AccountID when I dont choose a specific AccountID?

Regards,

cristian