Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

Help with if Load Script Statement

I need to implement this in the preceding load to create a column.

if(mID=50 OR Manual=10 OR Match(cy_nbr=('9999999','8888888')) AND Not Match (Product,'MM','NN'), 'Auto')

But I'm having trouble getting it to work.  I think it's the Not Match statement.  Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this:

If((mID=50 or Manual=10 or Match(cy_nbr, '9999999','8888888')) and not Match(Product, 'MM', 'NN'), 'Auto')

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

If((mID=50 or Manual=10 or Match(cy_nbr, '9999999','8888888')) and not Match(Product, 'MM', 'NN'), 'Auto')

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think it's your first match:

Match(cy_nbr,'9999999','8888888')

Then check if you need to embed part of your boolean expressions into parentheses to get your correct logic.

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you both for the quick replies!

swuehl, I completely understand the first Match issue.  Thank you for pointing it out.

Sunny, I think your statement will work, but QV doesn't like the comma before 'Auto'.  I tried rearranging some of the conditions, but can't get it right.  Should it be some type of nested if, instead?

sunny_talwar

I don't see any issue with the expression. Are you seeing red lines in expression editor or the result is not as you would like?

Capture.PNG

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, exactly.  Here is a screenshot:

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share few lines or data with your expected output?

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I think I see why more code would be more helpful.  I'm actually cleaning up some SQL and going to implement a preceding load.  Here is the case statement (field names and values changed, of course):

WHEN (irmD=55 OR eMan=99 OR y_nbr IN('9003682','9004164')) AND Pr NOT IN('HH','DF') THEN 'Auto'
WHEN ((vst='AA' AND (eMan=99 OR y_nbr IN ('9003682','9004164'))) AND Pr IN ('HH','DF')) THEN 'HO'
WHEN ((irmD=60 OR eMan=92) AND Pr IN('HH','DF')) OR
(irmD=61 and Pr in ('HH', 'DF') AND vst = 'LA') OR
(irmD=16 AND Pr IN('HH','DF') AND vst = 'TX') THEN 'Imp'
WHEN (irmD=60 OR eMan=99) AND Pr='Prs' THEN 'mp'
WHEN irmD=20 AND vst='AA' AND SubPr='Prs' THEN 'Val'
WHEN irmD=20 AND vst='AA' AND SubPr='Srs' THEN 'mit'
WHEN irmD=20 AND vst='AA' AND SubPr='Prs' THEN 'CAV'
WHEN irmD IN(33,55) OR eMan IN(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) THEN 'Pref'
WHEN ite = 'HH' AND Pr = 'HH' and SubPr = 'MomeHH' THEN 'Mome'
ELSE 'adit'
END
AS 'ment'

Thanks!

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

SunnyT,

Nevermind, I was just pasting it into the script...and didn't have the Load statement.  Caused QV to flag it (just the comma) as incorrect  Rookie mistake.  Your initial reply is correct and marked as such.

My apologies for any time that was wasted.  And a tremendous thanks for the help!