Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Help with2 diffenrent Dates matching

Hello,

I have 2 table with the following headers. Note: a student can graduate many times and a student can have many certificates.

TABLE1

STUDENT_ID ; GRADUATION_DT

TABLE2

STUDENT_ID ; CERTIFICATE_DT

The date are both in the format DD/MMM/YYYY. I need help creating a line chart with the following rules:

1- Show the line in Green where there is a certificate date and a matching graduation date

2- IF there is a certificate date and no matching graduation date I would like the line to drop or something(??? )

what is the best way to represent this by playing with the dates?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

6 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Can you share dimension you are expecting and the sample chart.

avinashelite

Please share the dimension and the sample data so that we can suggest the solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would join the tables, create flags for each case and use set analysis

left join (TABLE1)

load *

resident TABLE2;

FinalFact:

Load *,

if (GRADUATION_DT=CERTIFICATE_DT,1,0) as FlgGr_Ce,   // if you Need equal Dates, otherwise test on not null

If (not is null(GRADUATION_DT) and not is null(CERTIFICATE_DT,1,0) as FlgGR

resident TABLE1;

Then you can define a line Chart with STUDENT_ID as Dimension and e.g. Count({<FlgGr_Ce={1}>}GRADUATION_DT for green line and Count({<FlgGr={1}>}GRADUATION_DT for other line

please specify how your Chart should look like (dimensios, expressions)

didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

I would like a result similar to this where the dimension is the student ID I would be counting the number of certificates in a month and the dots on the line would tell me if there was a matching GRADUATION_DT or not.

Thanks for your help.

Didier

didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Rudolf ,

I am going to try your result now and let you know.

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi Didier,

To implement this, you can use a combo chart. Add student id as 1st dimension and month as 2nd dimension.

1st expression as count(certificarion date) and show it in bar. For 2nd expression create a flag in script as mentioned by Rudulf in above post and write expression as count({<flag={'1'}>certification date}). display 2nd expression as line in chart.