Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baylor2016
Creator
Creator

Helps for developing a cohort builder.

Dear All,

I am planning to develop a dynamic patient cohort builder which allows users to define patient cohort by including and excluding some medical conditions.  For example, users might need to find patients who have diabetes and hypertension, but no cancer. First, users select diabetes and hypertension in disease list box, other medical conditions for these selected patients should show up and allow users to exclude. I would like to show these patients in a straight table and do some other operations.  Can this be done in Qlikview?

Thanks.

Longmatch

IDPatientIDDisease
11Diabetes
21Cancer
31Hypertension
42Diabetes
52CVD
62Depression
73Diabetes
83Cancer
94CVD
104COPD
115CHF
125Diabetes
135COPD
145ASTHMA
155Depression
166COPD
176CVD
187HTN
197CRF
207DEMENTIA
218HIV
228CHF
238Asthma
249Autism
7 Replies
baylor2016
Creator
Creator
Author

I was able to get exclusion part to work by referencing this post. Alternate state and dynamic Set analysis string were used. The dynamic set analysis string based upon Disease (NOT state) works fine with all other list boxes except the Disease (Inherited state). If this problem is fixed, this problem will be solved.  The sample project was attached for your reference.  Thanks

MarcoWedel

Hi,

despite your linked post disapproving of the QV inbuilt AND-mode in List Boxes I think you should give it a try:

QlikCommunity_Thread_289798_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_289798_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_289798_Pic3.JPG

tabPatients:

LOAD Distinct

PatientID,

Disease

FROM [https://community.qlik.com/thread/289798] (html, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, table is @1);

hope this helps

regards

Marco

baylor2016
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much for your time and efforts, Macro. It works fine for the first step - selecting the patients with certain conditions(depression and diabetes) and list other conditions. Is this possible to exclude certain conditions for selected patients like Asthma (PatientID 5)? Can this method be used in a complicated data model? Thanks again.

MarcoWedel

can you describe what combination of deseases you would like to select or exclude and which result you would expect based on your sample data?

baylor2016
Creator
Creator
Author

For example, I would selected Depression and Diabetes (patientID 1,2,3,5) and exclude Cancer (patientID 1,3). The cohort should be patients with Patient ID 2 and 5. The sample project is attached.

MarcoWedel

patientID 1,2,3,5 means you're looking for patients having either Depression OR Diabetes, while you initially asked for one disease AND some other.

Please clarify

baylor2016
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry about the confusion. I need OR in the first list box not AND.  The same thing in the second listbox.