Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,Kindly Clarify on the below mentioned Doubts,

Hi I am Having Two Tables:

Table A :

Having the Field as : Name ,Desgination

Table B:

Having the Field as:  Salary & Address.

How could i create the Link Between the Two Tables ,Kindly Advice

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

How would you like to connect time dimensions with geographic dimensions?

Are there any other fields in your tables?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

Today i have faced this Scenarios that y i asked for Clarification,Please find itBelow ,

Let Consider

Table A: Name and Designation

Table B:Salary and Address

How could i create the Link Between the Two Tables ,Kindly Advice

swuehl
MVP
MVP

This is a different description than posted above. Is this a pure theoretical question or do you have some data to look at?

I mean, you probably know that you need to identify key fields between your tables with matching field values.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i don't have the data Stefan, i faced this scenario on Interview i got confused with this ,they told u can achieve it with Auto number Function

That y i am looking for Clarification on this

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think that Autonumber() can be of any use here.

But I also think that there is some information missing to understand the full context of this interview question.

I can only assume that the question is more about how to link tables with two or more common field names, so how to avoid a synthetic key and table.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Question is all about how can we link the Table if you don't have the common Column

Suppose i have created the Key column in Table A with Row No Function

How you can achieve it .,

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi,

You can associate your tables with the RowNo() function. Go ahead but the result will be absolutely meaningless, the associations between rows will be arbitrary and useless.

Two source tables with no common column can be associated in a QV data model if we can infer values from a field that can form an association with a field in the other table. For example we can derive a year value from a date field that we can then use to create a Year field to associate with a Year field in a second table.

Please explain how to work out Salary or Address using only Name or Designation.

Kind regards

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah I know Andrew, The result will be meaningless

Kindly let me know if any other way to achieve this scenario