Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HidePrefix

Hello, i've read something about the Hideprefix command,  but i need further and more detailed informations about it.

Can you explain me the usage, the meaning of the command and when it is generally used?

Thanks

Marco

5 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

With the command hideprefix you can hide a field that begin with the prefix you have choosen.

You can use this behaviour to hide fields that you have to manage but that you do not want to be seen by a final user

PabloOrtiz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

From de qlik help.

HidePrefix

All field names beginning with this text string will be hidden in the same manner as the system fields. A user-defined variable.

Example:

set HidePrefix='_' ;

If this statement is used, the field names beginning with an underscore will not be shown in the field name lists when the system fields are hidden.

HideSuffix

All field names ending with this text string will be hidden in the same manner as the system fields. A user-defined variable.

Example:

set HideSuffix='%';

If this statement is used, the field names ending with a percentage sign will not be shown in the field name lists when the system fields are hidden.

sunny_talwar

HidePrefix is usually used in the script to tag a certain field to behave like System Fields. The benefit is that it doesn't show up in the Current Selection box. So if you have a business case where you don't want to show your users a selection in a particular field you can use HidePrefix.

SET HidePrefix = '~';

LOAD Field1,

Field2 as [~Field2],

FROM...

HTH

Best,

Sunny

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks