Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brenests77
Contributor II
Contributor II

High CPU and RAM Consumption

Hi community,

We are currently presenting a performance problem sporadically, which is that the QVS begins to take both RAM and CPU counts gradually until it reaches a critical point where the qvws reloads failed, run or are queued indefinitely.

CPU ConsumptionCPU Consumption

RAM ConsumptionRAM Consumption

The server of the case that I expose has installed QVS, QMC, QDS.
Qikview version: April 2019 SR1. It also has the following hardware features:
RAM: 24 GB
Intel Xeon Gold 2.6 GHz (3 cores)

Have you seen this behavior before?
What corrective measures could be applied to avoid this behavior?

Kind regards,

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please also see the following Article with PDF attachment that explains in much greater detail how the working set limits and CPU utilization occur in the QIX Engine:

QIX engine memory management and CPU utilization 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jobsonkjoseph
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

You need to check the size of the qvw files, as is with Qlik, when we use QVD's, and the report/application is run, it expands in the memory and CPU utilization is common.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please also see the following Article with PDF attachment that explains in much greater detail how the working set limits and CPU utilization occur in the QIX Engine:

QIX engine memory management and CPU utilization 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.