Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Higher/ lower text in a text box

I have the following expression in a text box to say whether a region is delivering a higher or lower proportion of activity to disabled students than the average.

=if(region>1 and Year>1,('In ' & Year & ', the % of overall Credits activity delivered to disabled students in ' & region & ' (' & NUM(Sum({$<Disabled={'Y'}>}(credits))/SUM(credits), '#.#%')
& ')' & ' was '
&
if(Sum({$<Disabled={'Y'}>}(credits))/SUM(credits)<(Sum({$<region =, Disabled={'Y'}>}(credits))/SUM({$<region =>}TOTAL credits)),'lower','higher')
&' than the sector average' & ' (' & (
NUM(Sum({$<region =  , Disabled={'Y'}>}(credits))/SUM({$<region =>}TOTAL credits), '#.#%')) &').'), 'Please select region and Year')

Is there a way to make the text smarter to give some indication as to how much higher or lower it is i.e. 'In 2014, the % of overall credits activity delivered to disabled students in Region X (20%) is significantly higher than the sector average (10%).'

Thanks

Greg

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

The only way I can think of is to add multiple if statements in there based on your requirement. QlikView or Qlik Sense, won't be able to gauge this on there own

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.  That's what I thought too.  I was hoping there might be a library of expressions or examples that I could refer to.

Greg