Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dpage
Contributor III
Contributor III

Highlight Multiple Cells with Listbox Selections

Hello,

I am trying to set this pivot table up so I can indicate which Sales Orders(SO) are complete by checking the boxes in listbox next to the table. I used the expression 

=If(GetFieldSelections([Transactions.Ref Number])=[Transactions.Ref Number],RGB(255,255,0)) for the Background Color of the Transaction.Ref Number Dimension (Labelled SO #)

This works if I make a single selection. However, I would like to make multiple selections so I can check them off as they are completed and I would also like to see all of the Incomplete Sales Orders. In other words, the pivot table would NOT collapse when I make a selection but the cell (which matches the SO Ref #'s selected in the listbox) would be highlighted.

Prod. Dash.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dpage
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For anyone who is interested, I was able to solve this issue using an expression I found under another thread titled "Highlight multiple values in pivot without removing the other values in the same pivot". the expression I used was posted by Sasikanth. I used the expression  = If(Wildmatch(Concat(DISTINCT([Transactions.Ref Number]), '|'), [Transactions.Ref Number]) and GetSelectedCount([Transactions.Ref Number])>0,RGB(255,255,0),White()) for the Background color of my item.ref number  dimension.  Then I added the set identifier {1} to my expressions so my selections didn't clear the table of un-selected Transactions.  The result is posted below. I may need to add tweaks to get the full function I am looking for but this is what I was looking to do initially.Now I can indicate what is complete by checking the boxes in the listbox.Now I can indicate what is complete by checking the boxes in the listbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Dpage
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Spoiler
Here are Pictures with One selected and with 2 selected

with 1 selectionwith 1 selectionwith 2 selectionswith 2 selections

Dpage
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For anyone who is interested, I was able to solve this issue using an expression I found under another thread titled "Highlight multiple values in pivot without removing the other values in the same pivot". the expression I used was posted by Sasikanth. I used the expression  = If(Wildmatch(Concat(DISTINCT([Transactions.Ref Number]), '|'), [Transactions.Ref Number]) and GetSelectedCount([Transactions.Ref Number])>0,RGB(255,255,0),White()) for the Background color of my item.ref number  dimension.  Then I added the set identifier {1} to my expressions so my selections didn't clear the table of un-selected Transactions.  The result is posted below. I may need to add tweaks to get the full function I am looking for but this is what I was looking to do initially.Now I can indicate what is complete by checking the boxes in the listbox.Now I can indicate what is complete by checking the boxes in the listbox.