Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Historical transparency in current selection box when using ONE fact table

Hi,

I have a question for the more experienced Qlikview developers / Qlikview data modelers.

Background:

Ive concatenated 3 fact tables, ending up with a fact table looking like(okey, im simplying it to prove my point):

FactTable:

CustomerKey | Date | TransactionType | Value

Where the transaction type identifies the the row, for example, if the transaction is a payment, order or shipping transaction.

Now i want to create a date handling that handes the 3 different areas seperate. So ive created a date table:

DateTable:

Date | ShipppingDate | OrderDate | PayDate

Now i want to get all the customers that have a Orderdate i january and a  shipping date in march. I get this easily by:

1 first selecting  january from my Orderdate listbox

2 I select the associated customers

3 remove my date selection

4 I select shipping date in march.

Works like a charm! So, whats the problem here?

My question is, is it possible to build a model or in some other way get a full transparency of my "historical" selections? Since i only have ONE fact table, i need to delete my date selection (see step 3) before i can select the shipping transactions. Which means that i cant see  my previous selection anymore (customers that placed orders in january).

Is it possible to build a ONE fact table solution that support this full historical selection in the "Current Selections"  box?

Any suggestions or pointers in any directions are welcome,

Thanks in advance,

/Paul

0 Replies