Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Holidays handling in task execution schedular

Hello Experts,

I believe you all are doing excellent.

I have a task which executes on every Monday & FirstDay of month. Which executes smoothly.

But it now has to modify in a way that, if it is holiday on Monday or First of Month it should execute on next day.

Can anyone suggest me how can I manage execution of tasks on QMC/Publisher  with above conditional schedules?

Thanks in advance.

--

Regards,

Prashant P Baste

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you

I have used some logical adjustments with the help of Qlikview's internal function & SQL-Stored Procedure -

1. Holiday list is maintained in SQL database & a stored procedure returns me a flag whether to execute report or not.

also it returns me Hoilday & its next working day.

2. In script of qlikview - the stored procedure is called & check whether to execute or not.

3. EXIT SCRIPT function with WHEN functionality offers to exit script or continue execution of script with conditional.

3. In QMC scheduler, task is set to execute on everyday basis. But when it is starts execution - in its script flag is compared & decides whether to continue execution or not.

In my script I have compared date & time both as I have different timings of executions.

Hope above will help someone in further.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think you can add this condition on QMC scheduler.

As an alternative to run the task each working day and check on first day of month / holidays in your script, you can use a more sophistaced external scheduler in combination with an EDX trigger.

prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you

I have used some logical adjustments with the help of Qlikview's internal function & SQL-Stored Procedure -

1. Holiday list is maintained in SQL database & a stored procedure returns me a flag whether to execute report or not.

also it returns me Hoilday & its next working day.

2. In script of qlikview - the stored procedure is called & check whether to execute or not.

3. EXIT SCRIPT function with WHEN functionality offers to exit script or continue execution of script with conditional.

3. In QMC scheduler, task is set to execute on everyday basis. But when it is starts execution - in its script flag is compared & decides whether to continue execution or not.

In my script I have compared date & time both as I have different timings of executions.

Hope above will help someone in further.