Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Horizontal Scrollbar in a Straight Table

I have a straight table with a number of columns. By default the table width sizes to the columns added and the width goes beyond the monitor's screen size. I am trying to find a way to enable a horizontal scrollbar from within a straight table. I don't see any option to do this.

Anyone ?

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi

not sure if this is possible.

another alternative is to use the screen horizontal scroll bar to view the straight table if out of the monitor

regards

Peter

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I am also trying to do this (in QV10 beta). Did you manage to figure it out?

Thanks,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

So I still have not found a way to easily get a horizontal scroll bar, but I found a work-around. When creating a Straight table I noticed only the expressions columns will be scrollable. So here is my solution:

Remove some of your dimensions and add them a expressions (i.e. just put the field name in the expression dialog box). Once you have applied these changes, drag a dimension into the expressions section, and it will make the scroll bar available for the whole table.

Note: this may have some adverse affects on the actual table but generally works with no problems.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Almost perfect Matthew, but I have found that although the scrollbar is applied to the whole table, I am not able to make the table as narrow as I'd like. I can't drag the right side to the left any further than the start of the last column!

Jason

jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This worked for me. However, I hope they enhance this because it certainly is not the ideal way to get this functionality.

jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Used this on a recent file and it will not work for displaying the data properly. I'm again looking for a "real" solution to this.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I think you need to keep a set of dimensions that together are unique for each row and the rest you can throw to expressions. Simple row id dimension would be of course enough and then you could have everything else in expressions.

schivet
Contributor III
Contributor III

And there is a problem to do the selection in the expression

Did anyone found a another work around? The problem is stil existing!.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

You can drag and drop an expression anywhere in the dimensions area. You can get horizontal scrollbar in a straight table.