Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How Can I disable the Total for some expression colunms in Pivot table

Hi Qlikview Gurus,

I have this pivot table which sums each expression column.

However, for those column which are purely text, I don't want the pivot table sum the total for me( shows as the three red crossed columns) .

Question is how can I disable the total function for those text column?

Thank you in advance!!

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

hi,

Uncheck "Show Partial Sums" in the Presentation tab for the dimension/expression you don't want to see totals on.

Regards,

marcus_sommer

You couldn't directly disable the total for certain dimension-values because it's a global option. But if you used a query on dimensionality() and return there NULL() and hide NULL within the presentation tab then the total row should disappear. Something like this is meant:

if(dimensionality() = 3, null(), YourExpression)

To find the right dimensionality-number add the function directly as expression and afterwards you could remove them again.

- Marcus

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

addition to above   chk dis link  How to Remove Total & Sub Total from One Column in Pivot Table?

You can use dimensionality() function to check in your expression the level of dimensionality (i.e. if you are in a total or details line), something like

= if (dimensionality() = 2, YOUREXPRESSION)

you'll need to find the correct level of dimensionality for your details line, most easiest by just creating an expression

= dimensionality()

Not applicable
Author

Hi You have to un Check the Show partial sums

Capture.PNG