Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I make Authentication in Qlikview

We have lots of departmant in our firm. I make qlikview report for my firm. All reports are in the same web pages. I want to show report to depatmant only about them. When they login the system they only see the reports about them. How can I make this?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi

i think you make authentication from this code, write in your script and then try it

SECTION Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD

ADMIN, test1, password

USER, test2, password

];

Section Application;

Not applicable
Author

Dear,

you can apply sheet level or object level security.

1) sheet level security.----->

right click on the sheet ------->goto general Tab----->select the Radio button Conditional

write the if condition

like =if(Osuser()='AAA',1)

thanks,

mukram.

Not applicable
Author

But when i do Section Access, All reports are shown in web pages. When they click reports, see the userid and password is obliged. I want to show reports that only about them. They will see the reports aboout their department only. Not the others.

And the second things about section access, When I do this, I take erros when loading in QVMC. How can I prevent this

Not applicable
Author

hi

Go to Document Properties->Go to the Opening tab->Uncheck Initial data reduction based on section access .

Hope it help.

Dont forget to save and then open the application.

You can also see if User Properties->"Remember login credential until qlikview exists " is checked in General tab

thanks

Not applicable
Author

thank you very much for your answer. I did as you said. But in that time it does not make data reduction that I describe in section access. Is there any adjustment for this..