Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I remove white space from either side of my chart?

Not such a big issue in the below example, however in some instances this half inch either side is affecting how legible the chart is.

Capture.PNG

Is there a way to remove the forced white space in the plot area?  Holding Ctrl+Shift and re-sizing the red boxes don't work as it's inside the box that I want to change.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't completely remove the white space afaik. You can try setting the x-axis to continous and use the static min and static max options to limit the range of the axis. Though that only works if you have a numeric dimension on you x-axis in the first place. And you will still have a small amount of white space on either side of the plot area.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't completely remove the white space afaik. You can try setting the x-axis to continous and use the static min and static max options to limit the range of the axis. Though that only works if you have a numeric dimension on you x-axis in the first place. And you will still have a small amount of white space on either side of the plot area.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your answer, albeit a disappointing one.  It's a shame the white space is not relative to chart size, as when I fake a spark-line the white space is taking up almost half of my plot area.

Thanks again.