Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I restrict the data I load into my QVW via Binary Load in QlikView?

Hello,

if I use a Binary Load for getting a Data Model into my QVW Document but want to use  only a limited set of these data dimensions, is there a way to restrict the data?

For example:

Editor:

Binary

;

I want to only display data (including dimensional data) for the Transactions that were made through the company that is listed in the Comapnies Table as "my company in Spain" and do not want to see "my company in Germany".

is there a was do something analogous to a where statement in SQL on the Binary load?

thanks you for help!

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

AFAIK there is no way to directly restrict the binary load. You will have to bring the table as resident and use where clause or another kind of manipulation to get this done.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

AFAIK there is no way to directly restrict the binary load. You will have to bring the table as resident and use where clause or another kind of manipulation to get this done.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

May b ithink... As binary it self  getting datamodel completly.. section acess.. 

so u can restrict with section acess by  Field level.

but am not sure