Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suzel404
Creator
Creator

How can I use the correct linest_b linest_m function ?

Hi all,

I calculate a turnover and I want a projection if the turnover for the month doesn't exist.

I use the linest_b and linest_m function but I have bars for the linest function on the month where I have the data.

I only want the projection for month where I don't have data like : Month = 11,12.

Is there a big difference between Linest_b, linest_m and the average of the 6 last month ?

I don't want the red bar on Month 1 to 9 but a projection only on the 11 and 12 month thus the legend don't correspond with the colour of bar chart.

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

To calculate a linear regression you need both the linest_m and linest_b functions. A linear regression line is defined by an expression y=mx+b. The linest_m calculates the m value, i.e. the slope of the line. The linest_b calculates the b, i.e. the y-value where the regression line intersects the y-axis.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

To calculate a linear regression you need both the linest_m and linest_b functions. A linear regression line is defined by an expression y=mx+b. The linest_m calculates the m value, i.e. the slope of the line. The linest_b calculates the b, i.e. the y-value where the regression line intersects the y-axis.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand