Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doplear01
Creator
Creator

How can i put a Gif animated in a QlikView Document?

I have the version 9.00.7646 of QlikView, when i add an Text Object with a gif animated the image appears static

11 Replies
Not applicable

the only way I could make it work was using the web page viewer extension and pointing it to a hosted or local file, e.g.:

='file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/Desktop/file.gif'

doplear01
Creator
Creator
Author

What do u mean with web page viewer extension?.

Not applicable

here's some more info on it, but it only works on versions > 9

http://community.qlik.com/message/99308#99308

doplear01
Creator
Creator
Author

Anyone can tell me if the version 9.00.7646 of QlikView allow gif animated?

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I just tried it on QV 9 SR 4 (9.00.7469) and it worked.

I used the image as a the textbox background.

If it still doesn't work, try another image or post yours here.

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable

Hi guys

Im using QV9 and I have the same issue, when I open on Access Point it no longer animates, I have tried using a textbox and setting the background as Image then mapping the GIF - this animates when opened by me through the application but when opened in Share point does not animate, I have also tried using the Foreground by ='//c:images/Blob' and this does not animate at all !!!

Any advise would be really appreciated

Thanks

A

Not applicable

Hi guys

Im using QV9 and I have the same issue, when I open on Access Point it no longer animates, I have tried using a textbox and setting the background as Image then mapping the GIF - this animates when opened by me through the application but when opened in Share point does not animate, I have also tried using the Foreground by ='//c:images/Blob' and this does not animate at all !!!

Any advise would be really appreciated

Thanks

A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Olivera,

Gif images are supported in QlikView SR10.

Not applicable

Hi German

We just uploaded an extension to display a GIF correctly on Qlikview, you can check it out here: http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/57b206b4b6d72bdc88c25b26

Hope it helps.

AlejandroEvolcon