Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III

How can we handle the data?

Hi All,

1. I have two tables A and B. These both tables have 12 same fields each but the field values are unique in both tables. it has fields like empid, country, state, region, type, code.....

•           how to handle the data in edit script?
  •           What is the best way of data modeling?

2. Next I have another table C and it has only one field empid which is avaliable in both A and B but i dont want to link with A and B

since i need to write expression using C empid's (i,e count(empid)) in my chart).

If i link the C table to table A and B it is giving count(empids) of all tables A, B, C. Here i want to get count of C table empid's only.

Please advice the best way to link tables?

Thanks,

Durga

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

by renaming ur fields in script u can simply map as per ur intention like a-to c and a-to-b, and u can do ur count from table c from front end.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Durga,

Please see the attachment.

Thanks,
AS

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

It will link (associate) if the name is the same. So to prevent association, alias the name in C:

C:

LOAD ....

empid As empid_C,

Now use Count(empid_C)

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

by renaming ur fields in script u can simply map as per ur intention like a-to c and a-to-b, and u can do ur count from table c from front end.

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ok, Then no need to link the table to other tables (A and B)?

Can you please advice on above this questions also.

Thanks,

Durga

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Help me to link the table C with other tables A and B. but i need to get the count of empid's of table C.

Thanks,

Durga

siddheshmane
Creator
Creator

Hi,

If you don't want to link your C table to A and B you could rename the emp_id to something like emp_no.

As for your A and B tables when you see the Table Viewer, you will find out that there are multiple Synthetic keys generated.(syn). You will have to remove those links first.

Link Table in QlikView | Learn QlikView

this link might help.

Not applicable

hi

you can find in this thread about the best practices of data modelling

Best Practices for Data Modelling

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks everyone for all valuable inputs.

Durga