Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can we make summarized data?

Hi

I've table data in the below format.

Lkey     DefectName     LensResult     A     B     X     Y  

101      EdgeChip            Fail              4     8     1      2

101      EdgeChip            Fail              2     5     3      6

101      EdgeTear            Fail              3     1     5      7

Now i need to show the result as below

Lkey     MInA     MaxA     MinB     MaxB    

101       2          4               1          8

One way:

To achive this i have take straight table and dimension as Lkey and expression as Min(A),Max(A),Min(B),Max(B). Now the result is as i want i can see. But the problem is when i add X, Y in dimension it shows different data. I want to know is this is the way to summarize the data. I want to summarize all the fileds except what the fields which we are using for Min,Max calculation.

SecondWay:

Load Lkey,

DefectName,

LensResult,

Min(A),

Max(A),

Min(B),

Max(B)

from table1.qvd

Group By

Load Lkey,

DefectName,

LensResult ;

- But it is consuming lot of time to load above table in my application b'coz i've more than 100 fields with large amount of data to summarize. Just i've shown u with few fileds only.

Which is the best way to achive the summarize data or is there any way to achive this.

Can anyone please help me on this.

For your reference i'm attaching my file

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi jacq,

I believe that again, the TOTAL qualifier within the aggregation functions is your friend:

Try using

Min(total<Lkey> A), Max(total<Lkey> A) etc.

to get the results like above even when you are adding more dimensions (these will be disregarded by the TOTAL).

You can add more dimensions to the total after Lkey if you need to regard any more.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi jacq,

I believe that again, the TOTAL qualifier within the aggregation functions is your friend:

Try using

Min(total<Lkey> A), Max(total<Lkey> A) etc.

to get the results like above even when you are adding more dimensions (these will be disregarded by the TOTAL).

You can add more dimensions to the total after Lkey if you need to regard any more.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Tnx a lot swuehl once again.