Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I aggregate opening orders based on differing time periods?

I am new to Qlikview and although I have been able to quickly get a simple dashboard up running, i have 2 fields where I am struggling to get the calculation required to pull back the correct values for the fields.  I have opening orders and closing orders.  My time dimensions are broken down as Year/Month/Week.  At its lowest level the results are fine, but if I want to view at month or year then I need to see the total opening orders for the dimensions selected not the total of each of the weeks within the selected months.

So if I have 3 Teams across a 4 week month, a table might look like the following for opening orders

TeamWeek1Week2Week3Week4
A10121519
B20182012
C15161416

At week level it is simple - sum(OpeningOrders) and I get a total for the each week - (45,46,49,47)

but if i view as month I need to see the total for week1 (45) not the combined total across all the weeks (187)!  Similarly for year, I want to see the total at month1 week1.

I have looked for other threads etc similar, but not found anything.

thanks

0 Replies