Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I align a chart->listbox to be directly next to my Right Pane Navigation boxes

I have a set of Navigation objects that are correctly aligned on the Right side of my sheet.   When the selections are made, the result output is a chart based list box.  Sometimes the list box will have 9 or more columns of data,  sometimes only two or three.   When there are many columns, I can set up the list box to have it's right side directly next  to the navigation panes.  With  the left side of the list box at the left side of the sheet.  But if the resultant list box has only three columns,  the left side of the list box is still at the left side of the sheet, and there is a large amount of white space between the list box and the navigation panes. 

What I would like to see in all cases is that the right side of the list box always directly next to the navigation panes.  And I am ok with white space to the left of the list box if there are only a few columns.

When I look at the settings in the caption properties,  they all seem to be left access based.

When I tried to align right, on the list box,  it aligns the right side of the list box to the right side of the sheet.  Not what I want.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share your sample file and with some snapshots please ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I unfortunately cannot do that as there is company specific information in the pages.

The main issue I have is that sometimes the list box that results from the selections is only a few columns wide.

And what ever the result is,  I would like to be able to specify the right x-axis value as opposed to specifying the left x-axis value as is seen in the Caption property selection.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I quite did not get you what exactly you are looking for. However, if you go to layout tab of the lisbox properties you can uncheck Allow Move/Size check box as shown below. So that once you have the x and y positions set in the caption tab this allow move will help not to move the listboxes as they will be in fixed position.

Capture.PNG

if this is not what you are looking for may be share some sample as you can scramble all your data or just copy your qvw file as a new qvw file and just delete sheet tabs and just use your listboxes and send it through. You can scrample your data following these instructions here:

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Uploading a Sample

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

greend21
Creator III
Creator III

After it aligns the list box to the right side of the sheet, can you move it over so that it is up against your navigation pane? Then maybe when you have more columns it will expant left instead of right.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The Issue I am having is that the list box when presented is always aligned to the left hand side of the sheet.

This is great if there are many columns,  as I have moved the list box so that the right hand side of it is directly next to the navigation panes.

However, when there are only two or 3 columns in the results, the list box is still aligned so its left hand side is on the left side of the sheet.  

The  main thing I want to do is to be able to align specifying the right side x-axis value instead of aligning using the left side axis value.