Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I create a chart for the following Scenario?

Greetings

I have the following data table

MODEL, USER_ID, AVG_TOTAL, AVG_ONLINE, AVG_OFFLINE, PARAM1, PARAM2,....,PARAM X

The MODEL='STANDARD' for all users.

So I have created a chart as follows

DIMENSION:  MODEL

EXPRESSION1: SUM(AVG_TOTAL)

EXPRESSION2: SUM(AVG_ONLINE)

EXPRESSION3:, SUM(AVG_OFFLINE)

I have other charts to Analyze PARAM1, PARAM2 etc.

My problem is I can't click AVG_ONLINE or AVG_OFFLINE to slice and dice PARAM1 or PARAM2

How do I create a chart so that I can select users of AVG_OFFLINE or AVG_ONLINE to analyze PARAM1 or PARAM2 users?

Thanks

5 Replies
rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

As I am getting you problem, you must be getting only three bars in the chart I think. And if you want to click on any bar and want the dimension to be changed to PARAM1 or else, you can create dimension group.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rojat

Thanks for the reply. I have separate charts for Param1, param2.. etc, I do not want to combine the Param1, Param2 etc in this chart.

What I need is a simple chart which shows AVG_TOTOAL, AVG_ONLINE, AVG_OFFLINE, AVG_ONLINE

When I click any of these(AVG_TOTOAL, AVG_ONLINE, AVG_OFFLINE) The Params charts should change.

So While creating , I should use three Dimension  AVG_TOTOAL, AVG_ONLINE, AVG_OFFLINE  correct?

What will be the expression?

I have uploaded sample files in my original postings.

Thanks for the feedback

rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

As per your data that I can see..you have only two dimensions, one is USER_ID and other is MODEL, rest all are your facts. So if you are going to use MODEL as your dimension, and click on any bar, it will not reflect any change on any chart, because the selection you are making is "STANDARD" which is the only value you have in model column.

If you use USER_ID as the dimension and then click on any of the bars..then there will be a change on other chart because you will be selecting a particular USER_ID and the result will be filtered for that only USER_ID.

If still you have some doubt, you can ask back...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rajat

Thank you for your help. So what If I created some script as follows

Assume My Load Table is ONOFF_DATA:

ONOFF_SELECT:

LOAD

USER_ID,

if(AVG_ONLINE > 0,'AVG_ONLINE') AS ONOFF_SELECT

Resident ONOFF_DATA;

LOAD

USER_ID,

if(AVG_OFFLINE > 0,'AVG_OFFLINE') AS ONOFF_SELECT

Resident ONOFF_DATA;

The I add a List box for ONOFF_SELECT and individually select?

rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

In this condition, wherever the value is greater than 0, there it will have 'AVG_OFFLINE' and for rest other, i.e. for value<=0, it will have nothing, i.e. '-'.

So now your ONOFF_SELECT list box will have 2 values, i.e. 'AVG_OFFLINE' and '-' so if you select one of the there will be change when you select '-', because all values less than 0 (negative values) and zero values will come..and if you select 'AVG_OFFLINE' then there will be change, that all the positive values will come, excluding all negatives.