Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I limit the items displayed in a list box ?

Dear All,

On my dashboard I have a container object comprising two pivot tables: one showing sales information for Manchester, and the other showing sales info for London. I also have a list box called SalesPerson.

When I select the Manchester pivot table I only want to display Manchester salespersons in the list box. Similarly, if I click on the London pivot table object, I want to see ONLY London sales persons in the listbox (not Manchester's).

To help you, each Salesperson has a field called Sales_Location associated with it.

How do I code for this ? And where ?

Thanks

MV

PS This is not a Hide Excluded solution.

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the Text object properties go to the General tab and under Background click on the color box.  Under Base Color click the calculated tick box and define the expression (for the Manchester button)

if(vLocation='Manchester',rgb(a,b,c),rgb(x,y,z))

Obviously the a,b,c and x,y,z are the red/green/blue numbers

Regards

Adrian

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Deepak,

I like your approach.

I would normally use  AGGR(SalesPerson,SalesPerson)

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Cheers mate. Dollar sign expansion is very powerful way to generate dynamic fields and their values. Probably, it's a subject for my next blog post.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

I look forward to it Deepak

btw. can you be voted for the Qlik Luminary class of 2015 or can you only be nominated once

i.e. once a Luminary always a Luminary, or do you have to prove yourself each year?

Al

Not applicable
Author

That's excellent. many thanks for your help.