Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scheibercamo
Contributor III
Contributor III

How do I map field values from multiple data sets into one field name?

Hi, I am trying to figure out a shortcut for my below issue:

I have multiple data sets, and within each data set there is one column in particular that is named differently, and has different field values, however I need to merge all of these column names and field values into one field so that I can filter my whole data set with just ONE filter. I'd rather not have to write out "IF(Business 101= 'Option AA','Option A') AS Master_Filter" throughout each data set, because this would take a long time (there about data sets, with many more field values) and my mapping might change in the future.

Here's an example:

Data Set 1:

Column Name is "Business 1" and my field values are "Option A", "Option B" and "Option C"

Data Set 2:

Column Name is "Business 101" and my field values are "Option AA", "Option BB" and "Option CC"

Data Set 3:

Column Name is "Business One" and my field values are "Option Ace", "Option Beta" and "Option Charlie"

... when I actually want the field values from Data Set 1 to be the "master"... so in the latter two data sets I want "Option AA"  and "Option Ace" to be renamed "Option A". My newly created table would be named "Master_Table".

Hopefully, this would allow to me filter across all three data sets using ONE column name "Master_Table".

Any way to do this without writing out IF THEN statements within each data set? Thanks for any guidance!

Best,

Ricky

3 Replies
marcelviegas
Creator II
Creator II

attach your file to help

rubenmarin

Hi Rick, to avoid if then you can use a mapping table, check the example in the help:

https://help.qlik.com/es-ES/sense/September2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/MappingFunctions/Ap...

As an idea:

mapTable:

Mapping LOAD * Inline [

column1, renamed

OptionAA, OptionA

];

Data:

LOAD Applymap('mapTable', Column1, Column1) as Master_Field

For that particular values "Left(Columa1, 😎 as Master_field" can work, but I don't know if your real or future data can be those values.

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Use Applymap

Map_Descriptions:

Mapping load * Inline

[

From, To

Option AA,Option A

Option Ace,Option A

];

Master_table: