Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I set a field to be selected when the straight table is opened?

When I open a straight table I am wanting the 'Type' Column to auto select and only show the 'ITEM' selection.

Andy

8 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Andrew,

When you say opened do you mean brought up from a minimized state?

As far as I am aware you can not trigger other events on this happening.  What I would suggest is using buttons to show or hide the chart - that way you can attach other actions (such as Select In Field).

I've uploaded a couple of examples to the community that may be helpful in implementing this:

Show Hide Windows Dynamically:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4317

At The Qlik of a Button:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4289

Hope that helps

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Use a trigger on the sheet level to do that. Follow these steps:

on the sheet level select trigger - on activate sheet - add layout - with maximize object then type the object id.

add another action with selection - select in field then type the field name and the string value. Now you done. try this way it will do exactly what you are asking for.

Walid

Not applicable
Author

Hi Walid

I have applied all that you suggest but when I go back to the chart it is still showing all strings!!

I have minimised and then maximised but still no change.

I have attached screen shots of my actions! Any further suggestions.

Andrew Savage

MayilVahanan

Hi

I think
In trigger -> Select in Field -> Field , Are you give = sign, if so , please remove tat..

PFA

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew,

From the screenshot you have pasted, I can say that you need to remove the '=' and quotes from search string (instead of ='ITEM' just use ITEM) and it should work.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Guys

I have applied all that you suggest but when I go back to the chart it is still showing all strings!!

I have minimised and then maximised but still no change.

Still the same issue!

Andy

MayilVahanan

Hi

Can you post a sample?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Andrew,

You will not get an action to fire when you minimise or maximise an object.  You will need to have some kind of button or text area with actions to trigger things.  If you do not want to go with the Show/Hide method (as per the links I posted) you could put a transparent text box over the top of the minimised icon which does the maximise and fires the Select In Field action.  This could be confusing to users though - as it would require a single click rather than a double click (like other minimised objects).

If you do go with a transparent text box over the top of something else then make sure you set the layers correctly on the objects so the text area stays on top.  I have to say I try to avoid transparent objects - as it is quite easy to get in a tangle with them.

Steve