Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwinmatlapeng
Partner - Contributor III

How do you reference a variable passed as a ...

Evening All! How do you reference a variable passed as a parameter in a load script? Why is a long story suffice to say I want to create a qvd file for each flat file I load for other processes which will save us a lot of time and resources.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwinmatlapeng
Author

I had to change the run statement. Got it to work. Thank you.

objShell.Run """c:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe"" /r /vqvdFileName="&mid(sourceFile.Name,1,7)&" C:\QlikView Working Area\QV Data\Other Files\QV1.qvw", 1, true

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If I understand you correctly, you reference this variable just like any other variable you create in the load script.

Starting QlikView ‒ QlikView

Script variables ‒ QlikView

edwinmatlapeng
Author

Thank you for the response, Stefan. I appreciate that.

I think my problem then lies with my objShell.Run command. This is a part my batch file script from where I run objShell.Run. I am not sure if I need to assign the file name on the Run command or like I am doing. Also, can I assign the parameter like I am doing here?

qvdFileName = mid(sourceFile.Name,1,7) + ".qvd"

'Set ErrorCode = 0

Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

objShell.Run """c:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe /r /v" /vqvdFileName "C:\QlikView Working Area\QV Data\Other Files\QV1.qvw", 1, true

Can you see anything wrong, please?

edwinmatlapeng
Author

I had to change the run statement. Got it to work. Thank you.

objShell.Run """c:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe"" /r /vqvdFileName="&mid(sourceFile.Name,1,7)&" C:\QlikView Working Area\QV Data\Other Files\QV1.qvw", 1, true