Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Calculate Expression Values for non-selected dimension in a Listbox?

Hi All,

I am stuck at a very unique situation. Tried reading a lot about this but to no avail. Finally decided to post this here, hoping that some one might have faced this issue before.

I have a Listbox, in which the Dimension(which is an Expression), and I have some other metrics being calculated for this specific Dimension. Now as we all know , a property of Listbox is that when we select a value, it gets highlighted in green and all other values are still visible (but are greyed), now here is my problem.

The metrics (other expressions) are not being calculated for non-selected values. Basically, I get values only for the primary dimension not the other metrics. I hope it's clear, I have also added screenshots to tey and explain this better.

Hoping for a quick resolution.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Actually I am doing a resident load from some other dataset which exists. My constraint is that I should not be defining new variables in the script (I know right!). So is this possible with just expressions?

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

try like this:

if(count({<[Organization ID]=,Plantrack={'C'}......your expression

hope it works.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

I tried what you had mentioned as follows :

=If(count({<[Organization ID]=,PlanTrack_R12={'C'},PlanTrack.Sales={">0"},[Sold To Opt Out Flag]={"N"}>}[PlanTrack.MDM ID]) >0, [Organization Name]

& '(' &

count(Distinct{<[Organization ID]=,PlanTrack_R12={'C'},PlanTrack.Sales={">0"},[Sold To Opt Out Flag]={"N"}>}[PlanTrack.MDM ID])

& ')',0)

Now the problem is only the second part of the expression is working (so I am only getting the count like (10) (25) etc), 1st part isn't working!