Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Calculate Standard Deviation

Hi all,

I am having a straight table with

Dimension as Group and Book

Expression is sum(Revenue)

I want to show a stddev value of Group by day

ex:stdev(aggr(sum(Revenue),Group, Day)

Another is:

stdev(aggr(sum(Revenue),Book,Day)

both value comes correct.

Work which has to be done is for stdev by book expression in partial sum i want to show the value of stddev of group.

Please suggest how to acchieve it.

ex:

Group     Book     stdev(aggr(sum(Rev),Group,Day)     stddev(aggr(sum(Rev),Book,Day)

---------     -------     ------------------------------------------------     -----------------------------------------------

Grp1        A          5.9826                                                  2.399

B                                                                      2.111

Total                    5.9826                                                  2.122

----------------------     -----------------------------------------------

Grp2        D          2.8969                                                  3.22

E                                                                      4.22

Total                    2.8969                                                 3.11

So where the Total is 2.122 for group1 i want 5.9826 but above 2 values as(2.399 & 2.111) should remain in same position.

same for group 2.

Please anyone can you suggest me a way how to procced

Thanks & Regards,

Pranav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pranav,

If you are using a Pivot Table the dimentionality function might help you, so the expression should be:

if( dimensionality ( ) = 1, stdev(aggr(sum(Rev),Group,Day) , stddev(aggr(sum(Rev),Book,Day) )

Hope this helps

Regards!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pranav,

If you are using a Pivot Table the dimentionality function might help you, so the expression should be:

if( dimensionality ( ) = 1, stdev(aggr(sum(Rev),Group,Day) , stddev(aggr(sum(Rev),Book,Day) )

Hope this helps

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gabriela,

Its working awsome thanks a lot.

Regards,

Pranav