Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shabarish0587
Contributor
Contributor

How to Display one column information to other column information

Hi Friends,

I am facing one issue i.e. i have few columns like TKT_ID, PT_ID, CT_ID and ID. in CT_ID column i have few values like "P00" for these values i created a seperate column P_ID. my  issue is after creating P_ID column i want to get the values like if i select ID =2 i want to get the 2 rows  like this

Expected Output 1: When I select ID 2 
IDP_IDTKT_IDPT_IDCT_ID
2P00431T00321T00231P00431
2P00431T00601T00611

P00431

But i am getting the value only one row, i want to get two rows which for are linked with that p_ID while selecting any ID. I am sharing sample excel file , under this excel file i am sharing expected output. can any one help me on this . Thanks in Advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You will need to use set analysis

e.g. below

Only({<ID=,P_ID=p(P_ID)>} exampl)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You will need to use set analysis

e.g. below

Only({<ID=,P_ID=p(P_ID)>} exampl)

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did Dilip's set analysis suggestion work?  If so, please be sure to use the Accept as Solution button to mark things, which will give him credit and let others know that worked.  If you are still working on things, leave an update, and if you did something else, consider posting that for others, and you can then mark that as the solution as well.

The best I can add here is it likely has to do with the data model etc. and the expression seeing the two rows as identical, which will result in a single row in that case, as we collapse duplicates.  There are some ways to change this behavior in the load script as well, you could use RowNo() or RecNo() functions potentially to be sure each row in the data is unique, that might be another workaround here possibly.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.