Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Join and solve the issue

Hi

we have 3 QVD's. we need to club all these QVD 's into single QVD .. we have common key in all 3 QVD.

i used concatenate ..

after loading into single QVD , We call that qvd in a QVW and pulled the data in excel...

when we compare the FInal QVD data with each individual qvd data, the data in excel is

showing Blanks(ex: -) that means the joing is not correct.

How to solve this..

sample qvw PFA..

10 Replies
its_anandrjs

Check the common key it is unique or the multiple in nature like its frequency. An let me know.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand ,

Its unique key..

its_anandrjs

You use Noconcatenate so how it will join and concatenate please check your script.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry i sent u the wrong QVW...i  tried with Concatenate only ...but its the same result...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you need these 3 tables in the same qvd with the same fields you should use Concatenate instead of No Concatenate.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

ya i tried with concatenate only...but the data in excel is showing blanks even though the data in Original qvd has Values

say ex: forecastTeamComitAMount  has count of 2613 records

but in FInal QVD in excel the data is showing blanks..

its_anandrjs

Your table name is different to each other and when you concatenate the tables you get some - blank in the rows if the field name should same then concatenate other wise join then on the basis of the key field. And add the Table flag to identify the records like

Tab1:

Load * 'Tab1' as TableFlag from Location;

Concatenate

Tab2:

Load * 'Tab2' as TableFlag from Location;

its_anandrjs

Try to concatenate the tables one by one and cross check the data with excel and raw source.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Abhinav,

You are giving NoConcatenate, that is why the second and third qvd is not loading.  Try like this

Forecast:

LOAD

FROM QVD1;

Concatenate(Forecast)

LOAD

FROM QVD2;

Concatenate(Forecast)

LOAD

FROM QVD3;

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.